Approval as a sponsor

You may need to be approved as a sponsor before you can employ an OTD. You can find out more about sponsorship and your responsibilities on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s website, in the section on the 457 visa. This is the most commonly used program for employers to sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia on a temporary basis.

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)